Громадська організація «Десяте квітня» є Виконавчим Партнером Агенції ООН у справах біженців та в рамках проекту «Мобілізація громад, правова та соціальна допомога біженцям та особам без громадянства в Одесі» оголошує конкурс на заняття вакантної посади юриста з моніторингу кордонів. Дедлайн – 07 березня 2019 р. (далі – на англ.)
The NGO “The Tenth of April” (“DESYATE KVITNYA”) announces the vacancy for the position of a border monitoring lawyer for the project implemented under the partnership with UNHCR in Ukraine “Community mobilization, legal and social assistance for refugees and stateless persons in Odesa”.
The border monitoring lawyer will have a responsibility over the legal assistance for asylum seekers and refugees in the Odessa and Odesa region with regular monitoring visits to Migrants custody center in Voznesensk city, Nikolaev region. Employment in the project will cover 100% of work time.
This project seeks to facilitate the establishment of the effective asylum system in Ukraine through improvement of the institutional capacity of state authorities to deal with refugees and asylum seekers and enhancement of the access to legal assistance and legal remedies for refugees and asylum seekers.
The border monitoring lawyer will be directly involved in providing legal assistance to asylum seekers and refugees, and maintaining cooperation with key stakeholders on the issue of access to the territory and refugees’ rights protection.
- Provide legal counselling and assistance to persons seeking asylum at the border crossing points of Ukraine;
- Register, interview and provide legal assistance to all asylum seekers in detention facilities in applying for asylum, update the information on the cases in the database;
- Ad-hoc visits to State Border Guard Service Temporary holding facilities to identify persons in need of international protection;
- Regular visits to Migrants custody center located in Voznesensk, Nikolaev region, provision of legal assistance for the project beneficiaries accommodated in the center;
- Ensure protection against refoulement and arbitrary detention through protection monitoring missions and training of the responsible state authorities;
- Provide primary and secondary legal assistance for asylum seekers and refugees, including legal counselling, administrative assistance, litigation support;
- Represent the interests of the persons of concern before the state authorities;
- Maintain cooperation with key government stakeholders, mainly State Border Guard Service of Ukraine;
- Timely and effective implementation of all the project activities;
- Regular reporting on the performed project activities within agreed deadlines;
- Compliance with all the relevant Organisation’s policies and procedures, including Procurement and the Code of conduct.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in law;
- Minimum two years of experience in law (preferably);
- Relevant work experience in the field of human rights protection (desirable, but non-obligatory);
- Knowledge and adherence to the principles of humanitarian work;
- Commitment to team work;
- Highly motivated;
- Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian and in English (speaking/reading/writing)
- High analytical skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong negotiation skills.
Temporary contract till the end of the year 2019. Prolongation of the contract will depend on the implementation progress and financial support by the donor.
Interested applicants should submit their letter of motivation and CV in English to email: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Border monitor” in the subject of the email.
Responses will be sent only to those candidates who were selected for the interview.
Applications closure date
07 March 2019