Громадська організація «Десяте квітня» є Виконавчим Партнером Агенції ООН у справах біженців та в рамках проекту «Мобілізація громад, правова та соціальна допомога біженцям та особам без громадянства в Одесі» оголошує конкурс на посаду юриста. Дедлайн – 09 серпня 2019 р. (далі – на англ.)
The NGO “The Tenth of April” (“DESYATE KVITNYA”) announces the vacancy for the position of a lawyer for the project implemented under the partnership with UNHCR in Ukraine “Community mobilization, legal and social assistance for refugees and stateless persons in Odesa”.
The lawyer will have a responsibility over the legal assistance for asylum seekers and refugees in the Odessa. Employment in the project will cover 100% of work time.
This project seeks to facilitate the establishment of the effective asylum system in Ukraine through improvement of the institutional capacity of state authorities to deal with refugees and asylum seekers and enhancement of the access to legal assistance and legal remedies for refugees and asylum seekers.
The lawyer will be directly involved in providing legal assistance to asylum seekers and refugees, and maintaining cooperation with key stakeholders on the issue of refugees’ rights protection.
- Providing primary and secondary legal assistance for asylum seekers and refugees, including legal counselling, administrative assistance, litigation support;
- Providing assistance and accompaniment for unaccompanied minors;
- Timely and qualified implementation of all the project activities;
- Representation of interests of the persons of concern before the state authorities;
- Timely and effective implementation of all the project activities;
- Regular reporting on the performed project activities within agreed deadlines;
- Compliance with all the relevant Organisation’s policies and procedures, including Procurement and the Code of conduct.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in law;
- Minimum two years of experience in law (preferably);
- Relevant work experience in the field of human rights protection (desirable, but non-obligatory);
- Knowledge and adherence to the principles of humanitarian work;
- Highly motivated;
- Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian and in English (speaking/reading/writing)
- High analytical skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong negotiation skills.
Temporary contract till the end of the year 2019. Prolongation of the contract will depend on the implementation progress and financial support by the donor.
Please send cover letter in English and CV to e-mail: email@example.com
Please indicate the Subject as: Lawyer/Refugees
Responses will be sent only to those candidates who were selected for the interview.
Applications closure date
09th of August 2019