The NGO “The Tenth of April” announces the vacancy for the position of a legal counsellor for the project implemented under the partnership with UNHCR in Ukraine “Legal Assistance to Refugees and Stateless persons in Odessa”.
The project seeks to improve protection environment of stateless persons and those at risk of statelessness through enhancing the access to free legal assistance on access to documentation procedures. The project also aims to raise awareness of statelessness problem among the local stakeholders.
The legal counsellor will have the responsibility to identify stateless persons and those at risk of statelessness in the Odessa city and Odessa region, which requires trips to the districts of Odessa region. Employment in the project will cover 100% of work time.
- Identification of the project’s beneficiaries, conducting interviews with beneficiaries;
- Registration of the beneficiaries;
- Legal counselling of the beneficiaries;
- Providing assistance to the staff to ensure the proper workflow;
- Preparation and organization of round tables, seminars, trainings for the government officials on the topics related to statelessness;
- Timely and qualified implementation of all the project activities;
- Produce high qualified and timely reports for Organization and donors within agreed deadlines;
- Maintaining the databases used by the Organization;
- Participation in the public activities of Organization;
- Comply with all relevant Organization policies and procedures, particularly with respect to Procurement policies and the Code of conduct.
- Advanced university degree, at least a Bachelor’s degree in the field of Law, International Relations or other related disciplines;
- Relevant work experience in the field of human rights protection;
- Successful completion of international courses, schools, projects on human rights protection or related issues;
- Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian and English, working knowledge of other foreign languages will be an asset;
- Knowledge and adherence to the principles of humanitarian work;
- High analytical skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong negotiation skills, demonstrable computer skills.
Full-time employment in the friendly and motivating working environment. Fixed-term employment contract for 1 year will be concluded with the best candidate. The continuation of employment for 2019 will depend on the personal work results and the achievement of project’s goals.
Motivation letters explaining the interest in the position and CVs in English should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “Application for the Vacancy of a Legal Counsellor STL”.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Deadline for applications: 27.12.2017. No late applications will be accepted.
Should you have any further questions regarding the vacancy, please contact us via email: email@example.com, or by phone: +38 (048) 766-00-04, +38 (097) 034-54-82.