The NGO “The Tenth of April” announces the vacancy for the position of a community mediator for the project implemented under the partnership with UNHCR in Ukraine “Legal Assistance to Refugees and Stateless persons in Odessa”.
The project seeks to improve protection environment of stateless persons and those at risk of statelessness through enhancing the access to free legal assistance on access to documentation procedures. The project also aims to raise awareness of statelessness problem among the local stakeholders.
The community mediator will have the responsibility to identify stateless persons and those at risk of statelessness in the Odessa city and Odessa region and to establish strong working contact with the communities of potential beneficiaries, with the focus on Roma communities. Employment in the project will cover 100% of work time.
- Establishment and maintaining of the strong working contacts with local communities of Odesa region, compact settlements, separate social groups and individuals in order to identify the project’s beneficiaries;
- Identification and first registration of the project’s beneficiaries;
- Counselling of the beneficiaries on the procedure and rules of providing of free legal aid by Organization; about other activities of the Organization, it’s policies and rules;
- Preparation and organization of round tables, seminars, trainings for the government officials on the topics related to statelessness;
- Timely and qualified implementation of all the project activities;
- Produce high qualified and timely reports for Organization and donors within agreed deadlines;
- Maintaining the databases used by the Organization;
- Participation in the public activities of Organization;
- Comply with all relevant Organization policies and procedures, particularly with respect to Procurement policies and the Code of conduct.
- Relevant work experience (the fields of human rights protection, social work, psychology etc.);
- Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian; knowledge of English will be an asset;
- Knowledge and adherence to the principles of humanitarian work;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong negotiation skills.
- Highly motivated and organized person.
Full-time employment in the friendly and motivating working environment. Fixed-term employment contract for 1 year will be concluded with the best candidate. The continuation of employment for 2019 will depend on the personal work results and the achievement of project’s goals.
Motivation letters explaining the interest in the position and CVs in English should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “Application for the Vacancy of a Community Mediator STL”.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Deadline for applications: 27.12.2017. No late applications will be accepted.
Should you have any further questions regarding the vacancy, please contact us via email: email@example.com, or by phone: +38 (048) 766-00-04, +38 (097) 034-54-82.