The NGO “The Tenth of April” announces the vacancy for the position of a Community outreach worker in Kherson for the project implemented under the partnership with UNHCR in Ukraine “Legal assistance to internally displaced persons and community empowerment in Odesa, Mykolaiiv, Kherson and Kropyvnytskyy regions”
This project seeks to improve the protection environment of internally displaced persons (IDPs) at the individual and community levels; achieve IDPs access to their rights; facilitate inclusion of IDPs to all the State protection programs as a special population category; achieve the proper functioning of the State system in the field of the IDPs rights’ protection.
Community outreach worker will have the responsibility to strengthening of community mobilization, promotion of peaceful coexistence, mobilize and empower communities among the IDPs, building on the education, skills, and capacities of affected populations in order to strengthen their ability to organize emergency response, protect themselves and identify solutions.
Employment in the project will cover 100% of work time.
- Identification of community groups through regular monitoring visits, established contacts with local communities and open call;
- Supporting communities groups aimed at facilitating peaceful co-existence, integration of IDPs;
- Preparation and organization of trainings on community mobilization and empowerment, on (self) management;
- Support for the establishment of an inclusive leadership structure, a complaint mechanism, a platform for exchange and relations with the authorities;
- Preparation and organization of consultations, meetings, discussions with authorities on the topics related to IDPs;
- Monitoring visits, including topics of the situation of ethnic minorities, integration process, conditions of particularly vulnerable groups;
- Identification of beneficiaries and counselling on the procedure and rules of providing of free legal aid by Organization; about other activities of the Organization, it’s policies and rules;
- Support of the beneficiaries on a regular basis in job search, information on available employment support programs, housing programs, other durable solutions;
- Timely and qualified implementation of all the project activities;
- Produce high qualified and timely reports for Organization and donors within agreed deadlines;
- Maintaining the databases used by the Organization;
- Participation in the public activities of Organization;
- Comply with all relevant Organization policies and procedures, particularly with respect to Procurement policies and the Code of conduct.
- Relevant work experience (the fields of human rights protection, social work, psychology etc.);
- Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian, English;
- Knowledge and adherence to the principles of humanitarian work;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong negotiation skills.
- Highly motivated and organized person.
Full-time employment in the friendly and motivating working environment. Fixed-term employment contract for 1 year will be concluded with the best candidate. The continuation of employment for 2019 will depend on the personal work results and the achievement of project’s goals.
Motivation letters explaining the interest in the position and CVs in English should be sent to email@example.com with the subject: “Application for the Vacancy of a Community outreach worker KH”.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Deadline for applications: 26.01.2018. No late applications will be accepted.
Should you have any further questions regarding the vacancy, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone: +38 (048) 766-00-04, +38 (097) 298-03-06.