The NGO “The Tenth of April” announces the vacancy for the position of a Legal Analyst for the project implemented under the partnership with UNHCR in Ukraine “Legal assistance to internally displaced persons and community empowerment in Odesa, Mykolaiiv, Kherson and Kropyvnytskyy regions”
This project seeks to improve the protection environment of internally displaced persons (IDPs) at the individual and community levels; achieve IDPs access to their rights; facilitate inclusion of IDPs to all the State protection programs as a special population category; achieve the proper functioning of the State system in the field of the IDPs rights’ protection.
Employment in the project will cover 100% of work time.
- Lead the advocacy directions assigned, and identify and implement most appropriate advocacy activities;
- Identify the legal gaps in Ukrainian legislation concerning internally displaced persons and suggest improvements need to be made;
- Research, compilation and analysis of law and practices;
- Compile national and international law relevant to the protection of the rights of IDPs;
- Conduct legal research and write thematic reports on issues of the IDPs;
- Contribute to training programs for lawyers and other stakeholders;
- Systematically collect information for use in evidenced based advocacy and other purposes;
- Prepare documentation reports, coordination meeting minutes, statistics and other communication materials to support internal flow of information;
- Participate and contribute to round tables and other events of the project;
- Represent NGO in different advocacy events;
- Liaise with the UNHCR partners to follow-up on the situation for IDPs;
- Organize and conduct meetings with main actors involved in the decision making at local, national and international levels;
- Support the activity of the NGO in any other aspect that is required and provide advice to the NGO staff on any legal issues arisen.
Applicants will need to fulfill the following minimum requirements:
- Higher education in law, international relations, conflict studies;
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in the field of advocacy, including human rights protection sphere.
- 2 years of experience of work in the sphere of protection of IDPs’ rights;
- Cultural sensitivity and diplomacy;
- Proven capacity to conduct lobbying and advocacy activities, design, and produce quality knowledge products, including policy and legal papers, etc;
- Experience or knowledge of humanitarian aid and development policy and research as well as specific knowledge and experience in working with IDPs human rights situation;
- Knowledge and adherence to the principles of humanitarian work;
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English, Ukrainian and Russian, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to work independently and to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work in close collaboration with team members;
- Highly motivated and flexible person;
- High analytical skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong negotiation skills.
Full-time employment in the friendly and motivating working environment.
Motivation letters explaining the interest in the position and CVs in English should be sent to email@example.com with the subject: “Application for the Vacancy of a Legal Analyst IDPs”.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview, no late applications will be accepted.
Deadline for applications: 27.12.2017.
Should you have any further questions regarding the vacancy, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone: +38 (048) 766-00-04, +38 (097) 298-03-06.