The NGO “The Tenth of April” announces the vacancy for the position of a lawyer for the project implemented under the partnership with UNHCR in Ukraine “Legal assistance to internally displaced persons and community empowerment in Odesa, Mykolaiiv, Kherson and Kropyvnytskyy regions”
This project seeks to improve the protection environment of internally displaced persons (IDPs) at the individual and community levels; achieve IDPs access to their rights; facilitate inclusion of IDPs to all the State protection programs as a special population category; achieve the proper functioning of the State system in the field of the IDPs rights’ protection.
The lawyer will have the responsibility to provide free legal assistance (primary and secondary) for internally displaced persons in Odesa city and Odesa region, which requires trips to the districts of Odesa region. The lawyer will conduct local training sessions, roundtables and workshops involving government authorities and IDP representatives with regard to implementation of relevant IDP legislation, which is complaint with the Guiding Principles on Internal Displacement. These events will be coordinated by the project management of the NGO and conducted in close cooperation with UNHCR and other partners.
Employment in the project will cover 100% of work time.
- Identification of the project’s beneficiaries, conducting interviews with beneficiaries;
- Providing primary and secondary legal assistance for IDPs, including legal counselling, administrative assistance, litigation support;
- Establishing of the working contacts with the state authorities of Odessa region;
- Preparation and organization of round tables, seminars, trainings for the government officials on the topics related to IDPs;
- Preparation and organization of information campaign on the goals and achievements of the project (work actively with the mass media (TV, radio, newspapers, and internet resources).
- Timely and qualified implementation of all the project activities;
- Close cooperation with project staff and contribute to the goals and achievements of the project;
- Produce high qualified and timely reports for Organization and donors within agreed deadlines;
- Maintaining the databases used by the Organization;
- Participation in the public activities of Organization;
- Comply with all relevant Organization policies and procedures, particularly with respect to Procurement policies and the Code of conduct.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in law;
- Minimum two years of experience in law;
- Know and abide by high humanitarian principles, admitted by International Institutions such as UN, UE;
- Cultural sensitivity and diplomacy;
- Proven capacity to conduct lobbying and advocacy activities, design, and produce quality knowledge products, including policy and legal papers, etc;
- Commitment to team work;
- Highly motivated;
- Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian and in English (speaking/reading/writing).
Full-time employment in the friendly and motivating working environment. Fixed-term employment contract for 1 year will be concluded with the best candidate. The continuation of employment for 2019 will depend on the personal work results and the achievement of project’s goals.
Motivation letters explaining the interest in the position and CVs in English should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “Application for the Vacancy of a Lawyer OD IDP”.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Deadline for applications: 19.01.2018. No late applications will be accepted.